Friday, May 13, 2011

8 Months Old!

Do you realize that means in 4 months Aryn is turning ONE?!?!?! *thud* No! Say it isn't so!

Photobucket
First time at the zoo on May 4 with friends Erin, Eliana and Grady!

I can honestly say that this past month has been my favourite yet. Aryn has changed so much and I'm starting to learn a bit about her little personality and I am just in LOVE with her. She is hilarious, sweet, curious and... well, loud. She makes me laugh, and I miss her even when she's asleep (but not enough to wake her... she does that on her own!).

Photobucket

Everyday I read Facebook status' of people writing about their kids and what mistevious things they're getting into. And as of right now, Aryn is my little toadstool, not moving a muscle. If a toy is too far for her, she will reach, reach, reeeeaaaaccchhh until she grabs it. And, if it's still out of reach, no worries. There are other toys closer that she can play with. And when I come near, she'll reach for it again so that I bring it to her. She has zero desire to move, crawl, walk, anything. She's happy being planted in one spot. And, honestly, as a working mommy, I am quite content with it too!!

Photobucket
I put her like this... she didn't go anywhere

She does, however, LOVE to stand up. Just on Wednesday (May 11), Aryn learned to move her legs when you stand up with her so that she can "walk". Her left leg lags behind a bit but her right leg lunges forward with gusto! She always wants to stand, and when I have to sit her down, she's like a 2x4 board with super stiff legs. I have to lay her down on her back and then raise her torso to get her into a seated position. It's hilarious. But now I can prop her up against something sturdy like a bed and she'll stand there, happy as a clam. Not bouncing, not moving, not doing anything other than standing there, wobbly, and proud of herself.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*side note, I did turn my back once while she was standing on a toy and she fell, whacking her face on the toy and, in turn, our first bloodshed. I felt awful and it bled for like 2 hours!! Poor nugget! But she only cried for maybe 20 seconds and it never seemed to bother her after that.

Photobucket
Everything in the mouth. EVERYTHING. (including camera)

Aryn is a huge food lover. She also loves to share her cookies with Bauer. She has these rice cake cookies that she loves - she prefers the plain over the veggie or banana flavours - and will hold out a piece for Bauer, who will take it, then drop it when he sees me giving him the evil eye, and Aryn will swoop it up and eat it so quickly so that Bauer doesn't get it again. I've caught them doing this 3 times now. I think this is how she's going to win Bauer over.

Photobucket

But she loves her food. She loves to eat, she loves different foods, the only thing I've found she doesn't like is a concoction of cucumbers, carrots, avocado, mint leaves and cereal. That was a no-go. But everything else - carrots, squash, mango, banana, sweet potatoes, peas, broccoli, pears... they are all huge thumbs up. All of her food is homemade (except the cereals) and I made some beets but I haven't brought myself to try them yet. I don't want them to dye her beautiful diapers!!

Photobucket
First time on the swing!!

My absolute FAVOURITE thing that Aryn does now is cuddling. Be still my heart. Aryn puts her head down on my shoulder, she gives me hugs, she strokes my hair. It makes my heart jump every single time. She also plays shy. When Ryan comes in and I'm holding her, he'll go to give her a million kisses and she'll squeal, put her head on my shoulder and her face away from him, hide, then look back at him with a big smile, waiting for more. It's hilarious, and I love it.

Photobucket
A glimpse at the head tilt!

And the squealing. This kid squeals! And talks! Ba ba ba ba, Ma ma ma ma, Da da da da, I'm a bad man, Paa paa pa pa, Blah blah blah blah. It's cute, hilarious, and loud. Sometimes when she's really excited she squeals super high pitched and shakes. Or, when I'm taking too long bringing her her supper or breakfast, she'll yell. And I am not kidding - she'll YELL. And bang the high chair until I bring her food. Then she scarfs it down like I haven't fed her for days. My little tank.

Photobucket

Aryn has learned to sleep on her stomach, and it seems to be the preferred method of sleep. She does not, however, know how to roll from her stomach to her back. So now we are waking up 2-5 times a night to roll her onto her back (and by "we" I mean "me" haha). Once on her back, she arches and rolls right back onto her stomach, only to get mad again. Honey... pleeeease figure out how to roll onto your back. Mommy would love it.

Photobucket
Aryn and her cousin Veronica are BEST friends.

Aryn is still obsessed with Bauer, and knows where he is at all times. He still hates her, except when she has food, and jumps away from her like a little jack rabbit when she reaches for him. She just LOVES him.

Photobucket
Also her new thing: the "cheesy grin"!!

Aryn doesn't not like much. She smiles ALL.THE.TIME. I'm not even exaggerating. The kid is always smiling. She is the happiest little girl I've ever seen. She rarely cries, and when she does it's either at night and she's on her stomach or she's hurt. She is happy, she loves everything. Especially walks. There was a time when she slept on her walks. Nope, not anymore. She may miss something!! Her eyes are wide, looking around, and always watching Bauer walk in front of her.

Photobucket

Something else that's funny about this kid is her toys. She loves the loud ones (grrr) - I mean, LOVES the loud ones. But she prefers to turn them over so that she can scratch the backs of them. Always scratching. My skin, my nose, the chair, the pillows, the floor, the bed, the backs of the toys. Always learning, always feeling. I love it.

Photobucket
Aryn's Easter dress, courtesy of Grammy & Grampy Sobol!

And last but not least... ELMO. Aryn, you LOVE Elmo. I turn it on and you squeal and laugh and smile and wave at the tv. I didn't even know you could wave! But you do - at Elmo! You love him, but you lose interest when Mr. Noodle or the other skits come on. I wish I could find a movie of JUST Elmo. But, alas, nothing yet. Which may be good because his voice drives mommy crazy!

Photobucket
Watching Elmo!

Honey, you are my beautiful, beautiful baby girl. I love your bright firey orange hair, your bright red cheeks, your big beautiful 2-toothed smile (oh yeah! We got TEETH!!!) and your sweet cuddles. And don't forget the high fives!! You make everyday so much better and I can't wait to spend each next day with you!!

We love you!!

Photobucket
Think they look alike??

Photobucket
Grandma Geremia with her grandbabies

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!