Saturday, February 16, 2013

A funny thing happened today...

Today, I ran to the grocery store to buy some BBQ sauce. I left my car unlocked because, well, it's a small town and I just wasn't thinking. I ran in, grabbed the BBQ sauce, and 3 other things that we didn't need but I decided that we had to have and left the store. 

I got to my car, and there was an old lady sitting in the passenger seat. 

She wasn't doing anything. She was just sitting there, nonchalantly oblivious to the world. I stood in the middle of the parking lot, staring at my vehicle, wondering if it really was my vehicle, had I parked somewhere else, what was happening, was I being Punk'd, where are the cameras, what the hell is going on?

If it weren't for the huge "Newsy Neighbour" sign on the back of my car, I seriously would have started looking elsewhere for where I did park. But, it was my car. So I walked over to it, smiled at the lady, slowly opened the door, and asked her who she is. 

She was just as surprised by my question as I was asking it. First she gave me the, "Why are you asking me this in my car?!" Then her mouth opened to say something... then it closed... then she looked around the car... then she gasped.

"This isn't my car!"

No, it's not, lady. I helped her out, and helped her find her daughter's vehicle, who was walking around looking for her. 

She was driving a large black truck. 

How she got my silver SUV mixed up with a large black truck is beyond me, but it made for quite the hilarious situation. The poor woman was so embarrassed, and confused, and surprised, and humiliated. And I wasn't a very comforting soul, as I couldn't stop laughing at the situation.

I mean, she had to actually move my winter jacket off of the passenger seat to sit down. 

I came home to a very happy little girl (she's always so happy when I come home, but acts super weird whenever Ryan, my parents, or anyone else comes over. It's weird.) and then we decided to have a little photo shoot, which she was - for the first time ever - extremely cooperative in.

 photo IMG_2540.jpg

 photo IMG_2547.jpg

Aryn has been talking up a storm lately. Sure, she was "behind" for a long time with her talking, but she's catching up quickly. She knows so much, and every day she surprises us with new words she's learned. 

My favourite at this point in time is her version of the word "truck."

It's the F-Word. And I laugh every single time. And I make her say it 50 times a day. So I laugh at least 50 times a day.

 photo IMG_2552.jpg

 photo IMG_2555.jpg

Our daytime walks, where they used to take about 15 minutes to go around the block, now take a good 45 minutes to an hour. Aryn won't sit in her stroller; she has to walk. And she picks up rocks and puts them in her pockets (her coats are all 30 pounds right now). She doddles, she plays in the snow, she eats the snow, she looks for animals, she chases birds, she has to climb on snow, she has to find every.single.piece of ice and stand on it. 

We always leave on our walks with smiles and care-free attitudes. We always get home with me frantic, frustrated, and annoyed. I can't help it. Maybe if it wasn't still so darn cold out, it would be nicer. Or if I didn't have 30 extra pounds hanging off my stomach. Or, maybe if I wasn't holding the leash of the most annoying walking dog ever (who has to pee every 3 feet, and takes - literally - over a minute to find the perfect place to poop). 

 photo IMG_2539.jpg

Oh, and we're potty trained!!! Can I get a "woot woot"!!!??

It happened so fast. I wasn't forcing it; I was allowing her to pee when she wanted to. If she had an accident, no big deal. I didn't care; diapers are easy and so helpful when you go to stores or the zoo. But then her friend Keegan came over for a bit, and he had to pee on the potty, and brought his very own Cars potty cover, and Aryn had to use it. So after they left, we ran to Walmart and bought our own. And it has been smooth sailing ever since. She's had a few accidents, sure - I don't blame her. And we're still trying to teach her that she can pee in her diaper at night. But she's fantastic during the day - no matter where we are - and we are now in underwear full time, except at night time. I'm so proud of her!! 

Happy long weekend, everyone!

 photo IMG_2562-3.jpg

1 comment:

  1. That is one cute kid!!! And hip hip hooray for the big girl panties.
    So bestie...you gonna guest post for me or what?
    See my blog post today.
    Don't make me beg.
    J

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!