Monday, February 22, 2010

Doc's Appointment

I was very excited for my doctor's appointment today. I've never been this far along in a pregnancy before!! It's little things like this that excited me, haha.

Everything looks good. PRAISE GOD!! My doc tried to hear the baby's heartbeat, but she couldn't hear it. She told me not to freak out, that it's most likely because I am just too early along so I do feel confident still. She answered all of my questions:

- Yes, I can still lead a vegetarian lifestyle, as long as I get my designated protein. In turn, it is also good that I am drinking lots of protein shakes rather than getting my protein any other way. Meat = ew. Eggs = double ew. Tofu = triple ew. (which is weird, considering I normally looooove eggs and tofu!!)

- DRUGS!!! I get to go on anti-nausea drugs!!! YAY!!! Perhaps I can begin leading a more normal life again. I am happy for this, although I swore my whole life that I would never take any kind of drug while pregnant. But, I just couldn't handle it anymore. I can't do anything without scanning the room for somewhere to spew. So now... I am hopefully good to go. Fingers crossed!!

- First ultrasound: March 12th. I am excited for this. I've had about 100 ultrasounds in the last 2 years and this will be the first time I actually get to see a little human!! I am pumped, and scared, but mostly excited.

All in all, everything is GREAT!! I haven't really allowed myself to get too excited yet, because the heartache from last time is still fresh in my memory. But after today, I am feeling a little bit more confident. Names are popping up in my head every 20 seconds or so (my list is 20 names long... with 2 predominant names... woo!) and I actually walked by the baby section at Wal-Mart today and didn't cry!! PROGRESS!! Hahahahaha ... I may even have to go buy a pair of little sockies. Yup... I think that's on the shopping list ;)

So YAY!! All of our close friends and family know now, so I am super happy about that. All that needs to be done......

Is for 7 months to go by like *snap!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!