Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tea party

Yesterday was an awful day. Aryn woke us up bright and early, and I laid in bed with my eyes closed, and I told Ryan 'today is going to be an awful day.' I was right.

I stood up to go to the bathroom and the world moved from under me. I ended up on my butt for the rest of the day, with cold chills, achy body, and throwing up everything I could get past my lips; including water.

I had the flu shot on Wednesday, and I suspect it was from that. Yes, I got the flu shot. All the anti-vaccine people can give me the stink eye and the "how could you do that?" attitude. I don't really care; I believe in vaccines. Not even 80 years ago, there were no vaccines and kids were killed by crazy diseases like measles and rubella. Guess what? Those diseases aren't around much any more. Why? Because of vaccines.

We got the vaccine is because Aryn gets febrile seizures. But the repercussions of the vaccine were terrible and I will never get another flu shot again.


Photobucket

So this morning, when I woke up (again before 7am thanks to that good ol' time change and a toddler who doesn't understand time changes), I wanted to take advantage of feeling about a million times better by soaking up all the Aryn I could. And she was having none of it; she's bored being locked in the house when it's -20C outside. She's bored playing with all the same toys. She's bored with life and us asking her every 5 minutes, "Do you need to go pee? Do you need to go poop?"

"No poops, mommy. No pees, mommy."

So, in my last attempt to entertain her, I set up a tea party.

Photobucket

And it was wonderful.

Photobucket

We invited her babies... her two red-headed cabbage patch dolls, and her peacock whose face could barely reach over the table.

Photobucket

Aryn poured water for all of them, and gave each an animal cracker... she ate everyone's crackers.

Photobucket

She mostly just played in the water and poured it all over the floor and her babies, but heck... it's just water. These were bona fide memories we were making.

Photobucket

She drank everyone's water, and poured them more. She shoved pieces of cookies in each of their mouths and then stole it back to shove into her own mouth.


Photobucket

Photobucket

And the girls were just as happy to be guests.

Photobucket

It was a great morning of healthy, diarrhoea-and-vomit-free fun.

Photobucket

And while I was too scared to take her into public just "in case" for the Remembrance Day ceremony, we celebrated in our own way. This household is so grateful for all the men and women who fought for us in every war and cause so that we are free and safe in our home. It's because of you that we could have our fear-free tea party this morning. And for that, we are eternally grateful. Lest we forget. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!