Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Finally some good news

After about a month of bad news, from Ryan's dad being in the hospital to my sister in law having high blood pressure while pregnant, and then our mirrored baby, it has been a month of bad news after bad news.

Today, we finally got some good news.

After a 2 hour ultrasound, the doctor came into the little tiny terrifying waiting room with a big smile on his face, "His heart is very healthy!"

*cue happy tears*

He sat down and explained that baby boy is extremely healthy. My amniotic fluid has doubled (was 5.4, now it's over 10, close to 11. Normal range is 5-25). His kidneys, liver, bladder and stomach are, albeit mirrored (flipped around), they are all functional and perfect. They saw him swallow, his bladder fill up, and he peed. That means everything is working and functional. He is the perfect weight (which means, if he was small, that something could really be wrong but he is big and strong.)

We have to go for another ultrasound in a couple of weeks to keep checking my amniotic fluids; if they go down again, they need to do more tests to find out why, but at this point, we're confident everything is going to be ok.

Doctor today said that he expects nothing other than a normal, healthy, full-term labour and delivery. They are sending us to a geneticist to talk to us about... well, basically all the scariest reasons as to why this happens, only to prepare the hospital for baby boy's birth.

If my next ultrasound is like today's, I will be off the "high risk" factor and I won't be going for a bunch more ultrasounds; which is awesome (it's extremely inconvenient to find a sitter for Aryn. Special thanks to my very good friend Cathy and her little Anna for watching Aryn all day today, feeding her, putting her down for a nap, letting her jump on the trampoline like a crazy person. Guess we need to buy the kid a trampoline!).

I said a lot of "thank you's" to God on my drive home. I feel so relieved, and confident that baby boy is going to come into this world and change it for the better.

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to read this!You have been on my heart and in my prayers!
    Yay for happy news!!!!...now we can go back to planning our birthday bashes.
    J

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!