Sunday, September 9, 2012

Play dates & fall fairs

I feel super lucky and privileged to have the best friends around, and some of them stem from the baby group I started a little over a year ago. The bond many of us have created I truly feel will survive anything that comes in our future. Friday's play group proved that with a wonderful play date and major "I'm pregnant!" announcements from half of the group! It looks like our group is going to be doubling in size over the next year.

Photobucket

Not here, though. So don't start asking me questions. Please. Things don't work that easily for us.

Photobucket

The play date was chaotic and fun, with fits and squeals and lots of laughter. We played in the (newly finished!) basement, on the main floor, and outside. This summer has proven to take away much of the play dates and replaced them with zoo trips, mall meet-ups, and little one-on-one meetings. I didn't realize how much I missed our big, crazy play dates.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In Aryn news, she is growing up to be quite the dramatic actress. Lots of, "Owie!" and pointing at whatever body part "hurts" at that particular moment (there are lots of "owies" when I am trying to make her hair pretty... hence the mop-look) (side note: she even said "owie," pointed at her mouth and opened it. I am sensing the over-sensitiveness may have something to do with teething!), lots of "Mommy! Fry!" (that's "fly" in toddler talk. She sees a fly, it must be destroyed before anything else can get done. Eating, playing, walking - it all stops until the fly is dead. I have little hope of her being a vegetarian), and, my favourite, "Oh, no!". She puts her hands on her cheeks, and in total distraught, she cries out, "oh no!". It can be for anything - something fell, something moved, the door was left open, Bauer is eating his food, or I can't find my shoe. It's all, "Oh, no!". And I love it.

**

Saturday afternoon, I convinced Ryan to get out of the house and head over to the Fall Fair. It was really just a little grassy area with rides, but it was a fun outing. Aryn went on her first ride, and I was grateful to remember my camera today and take some awesome pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Note to self: START BRINGING YOUR CAMERA WITH YOU EVERYWHERE! Today there was a motorcycle convention of some sort - the entire downtown was full of motorcycles. Amazing photo opportunities. Where was my camera? At home. What did I have? My cell phone.

I won't even post the photo it took. No offence to Blackberries, but that phone takes awful photos.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend, all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it hasn't happened, yet. Hugs to you.

    Also, the fact that Aryn didn't flip out on the rides means she's about 78541365x more adventurous than Maddy. HA!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!