Sunday, September 2, 2012

Kites and ladybugs

I feel I must pre-warn my readers that my photos are going to look a little... less "awesome" for a little while. My free trial with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 has expired and, with Ryan potentially losing his job in anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, I have decided not to spend the $150 to keep it going, and keep the money for... you know... groceries and stuff.

So, instead of my awesome Lightroom photos, I am using... and I am now embarrassed to say this... Paint.net. Where once upon a time, I loved Paint, I now hate it with every fibre of my being. But, it's free; and Adobe is not. Hence... washed out photos. Enjoy.

We are only on Sunday, and this long weekend seems like it's taken forever. With Ryan's impending job doom, tensions are high here at the Geremia household, and when you add my super awesome garage sale taking up all of my Friday night and Saturday morning, it doesn't leave much time for just hanging out and relaxing. So, Saturday night was a surprise date night, with Grandma and Grandpa watching Aryn so we could go into Calgary for supper and "no-work-talk." FYI, "no-work-talk" does not exist when you could potentially be losing your job. But, it was good.

Photobucket
Mama's all dressed up, ready to go, and forced to watch Barney on the computer. Again. 

PSA: when you decide to go to a particularly popular pasta restaurant, even at 4:30pm, beware. Apparently even though you're considered, "family," they treat their family by making them wait outside in the cool fall weather for 45 minutes while they find you a seat and a server. At 4:30pm. If that's how they treat us, I don't want to be their family.

But free meal at Joey Tomatoes? Yes, please! Try their butter chicken... and as a vegetarian, get it with their soy chicken. Mmmmmmm.......

Today is our niece Veronica's birthday. Even though "niece" is spelled correctly, I still always spell it "neice" first. "I" before "e," except after "c"... or in a handful of other words. I feel like "neice" should be one of those words.


Photobucket

We headed to William's Lake to celebrate with Ryan's family, and it was a wonderful time. Watching Aryn play with her cousins is such a gratifying feeling. She looks up to Veronica so much, and she and Joey play together so well.

Photobucket

It was a day of blowing fall winds, happy faces, birthday cake and petting wet dogs. And don't forget, using Uncle Ryan as a human jungle gym. It was a glorious day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The birthday girl.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And what better way to end a fun-filled day of lake fun, than trying to get a handful of tired children to sit still for a group photo?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And to end my night, I am going to fill my bowl with salted peanuts with M&M's and sit downstairs on our new couch and watch Lord of the Rings... again... with my amazing husband. I hope you all have as good of a night as we are.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I use PhotoScape to edit my photos. It's free and can do a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 So sweet. She is just getting so big!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!