Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tornadoes

Every once in awhile, my little tropical storm likes to step it up and become a hurricane. And even more rarely, she bypasses hurricane and wakes up as a T5 tornado, destroying everything and every one in her path.

Today was that day.

Photobucket

From the moment she woke up (at 6:25am), it has been a stressful, frustrating, not-fun-at-all kind of day. When I said, "Aryn, come here," it was met with stagnant ignoring. When I said it louder, (you know, in case she didn't hear me), she walked away from me and still acted as if she didn't hear me.

Mama was losing her MIND. 


Photobucket

Photobucket

It went on like this all day. Books were destroyed, Bauer was tormented, toys were thrown so high they reached the sky, and when I tried to let some of that energy loose at the park, she spent more time throwing rocks at the kids there than actually running around. Add in there a short 1-hour nap, and it was just a complete write-off of a day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's 7:54pm and I've been trying to get her to sleep for 20 minutes.

Baby girl just wants to enjoy life, instead of going to bed. I can't say I blame her. But, oh man, mama needs her baby to sleep!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But then those big blue eyes look up at me, she flashes me that cheesy grin, and I just have to bend over and give her a great big bear hug.

Because that's what we do around here: we give bear hugs. And we growl sometimes, too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Side note: get this kid a hair cut. Her hair is starting to look like a cross between a mullet and a mop. Mullop?

Photobucket

I need sleep. Here's to added patience in the morning.

P.S. Starting using PhotoScape to edit photos. Mama no likey. I need my Lightroom back. I should have another garage sale to pay for it!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I remember those days...it gets better. Serioulsy just look up "it won't be like this for long" on YouTube. As for photo editing....girl you have got to take alook at Photoshop Elements. There are lots and lots of free actions on the internet (coffeeshop actions, and pioneer woman) and even more tutorials, I swear! And I think it is like $70 at Costco? That is all I use :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!