Sunday, June 13, 2010

And so it starts...

Goodbye, spare king bed!!! Yes, we had a spare king bed. We treat our guests like royalty. At least, we did. The king bed is officially gone as of this weekend. Ryan drove to his parents farm on Friday after work (sans me), drove back to our house (2 hr drive!) with the stock trailer on Saturday afternoon, loaded up the ultra huge king bed, then drove it yet again back to the farm. Then he took apart the unbelievably uncomfortable bed that was downstairs and set up the king bed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

All for what??

All for Aryn!! She now has a bedroom. The shelves and dresser all need to go into the garage to be sanded down and re-painted. FYI, the dresser is actually mine from when I was a little girl! Awww, I know.

So I'm going to start sanding down the shelves and the night stand and re-paint them (white... the story behind this is that 3 years ago when we first moved into our house I re-painted all this furniture but apparently there is different kinds of paint and whatever paint I used made all the furniture sticky. So while it's been ok for the last 3 years as spare room furniture, now that it's going to be used regularly, it's time for a new paint coat).

When it's all over, this room is going to look immaculate. I'm pumped.

3 more months!!

1 comment:

  1. how fun!! i'm totally jealous that you have a room to set up! i can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!